Thursday, August 25, 2011

Double Shift

I tHiNk WiTh ThE sHiFtS i HiT, i'M gOiNg To AcTuAlLy Go CrAzY.

Subway isn't to hard, actually. I enjoy my job a lot. My coworkers are amazing and I've learned enough that I can do food prep, cleaning, making sandwiches, working the register, dishes, temp checks...everything but inventory and cash checks. It's realy fun, and I like working with the public. But minimum wage, 12 hours a week, 16 weeks before I leave...you do the math. I can cover tution with that. Barely. Before taxes... Okay, so I'm struggling to find ways to increase my income until I can cover my $10,000 a year charges to live, attend classes, and eat.

So when my mom saw a "Now Hiring" sign at the Olan Mills in my local Meijer, I jumped at the opportunity. The next day, as soon as they opened, I called in. Mostly to ask about their lunch hour so I could go in formally in person. But Esther, the lady in charge of the place, is a good friend of mine, so when I told her who I was and what I was looking to do, she was thrilled. So...I filled out an application as a Sales Rep in the Meijer. Which basically means I would get paid $8 an hour for four hours a day on the weekends to sell 4 packages throughout the store. And anything more that I sold I'd get paid a bonus. Not hard right?

Neither was the interview process. I got the job!! One week from tomorrow, I go in for training as an Olan Mills Sales Rep! This job pays about as much as the one at Subway per week, so I could cover tuition and housing for one semester before taxes at this point! Woo!

So, I want my readers to know...I'm certainly not riding on my Sixty-Five Pennies to pay for my college experience. I work hard for anywhere from 24 to 32 hours a week so that I can make it, but times are hard. This is why I'm starting this system. 65 pennies isn't even a dollar. From only 15,000 people, I can make it to college for a year. What better cause for two quarters, a dime, and a nickle?

Again, you can send donations through paypal to my email address: mergirl_93@yahoo.com! I also have a Facebook "like" page where more information can be provided on a more personal basis. Thank you for all of your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment