Alright, time for you to hear a voice from me that isn't promotion of my idea or essays for my teacher. It's time to talk to "the real me". What's going on in my life, what's happenin'. Word up, yo.
(I don't really talk like that for starters...)
Anyway, today was a pretty basic day. My mom apparently texted me right after I fell asleep last night to tell me to do a breathing treatment. My coughing from right below her room kept her up a bit. And then our pet cat woke her up early. Gotta love moms. They do what they can, but they don't always get what they need. Like sleep. I'm hoping to be a mom one day. Yeah, so some kids may end up sickly and deformed (just kidding, I'm not deformed!), but it's so worth it.
That woman is pretty much the coolest person ever. No, I don't mean the future me who will have kids and a family (and not an annoying real live cat alarm clock). I meant my mom. Okay, when I say "coolest", I do not give her permission to start hanging out with my friends, doing cartwheels, or wearing low-rise jeans. These are things moms are not allowed to do. But, I do say she handles things pretty well.
For one, she handles FOUR children, a cat, a bunny, a husband (more of a handful than all of the above at times), all in one house. One child in Elementary school, one in an Intermediate school, one in high school, and the oldest in college, she certainly has a lot on her plate- especially at this time of year. How she does it, I don't...well, I do know. With lots of chocolate ice cream and crime dramas when nobody is looking. But how she gets the motivation to get up and handle it is a mystery to me some days.
Secondly, she handles the diseases. Yeah, she's not some disease-free wonder woman, so she has some of her own stuff to handle. But she also puts up with the health issues of family. When her grandmother was on the downhill, she up and left for a week or two to New York to be with her and help her parents and sister handle the stressful time. When my grandfather had a stroke, she almost dragged us all up there, too! When I was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis, she helped me through it. I don't think she left my side unless she absolutely had to through it all. And when my sister was diagnosed with a swiftly progressing case of Scoliosis and was going to need major surgery on her spine to fix it, she managed to arrange everything she needed to as well as manage a move to another state in the same few months.
And lastly, she dutifully reads my blogs and facebook posts as any good mother checking up on her daughter would. All the comments, all the photos, all the laughs, and all of the angsty, angry teenager posts I can't control myself in posting. She "likes" pretty much everything, comments on everything else, supported my Sixty-Five Pennies page, and continues to collect coins for me as I prepare for college.
Here's to my awesome Mom. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment